Synopsis: Blue Box #61: IETF framework to fight SPIT, VoIP security video, new tools, voip security news, listener comments and only a brief mention of the iPhone
Welcome to Blue Box: The VoIP Security Podcast #61, a 29-minute podcast from Dan York and Jonathan Zar covering VoIP security news, comments and opinions.
You may also listen to this podcast right now:
- 00:20 - Intro to the show, contact information and how to provide comments. Welcome to all the new listeners - and to all those listeners who have been here for so long!
- 01:21 - Programming notes
- New special edition shows coming up very soon.
- 01:41 - Sipera: Many SIP vulnerabilities with softphones from AIM, MSN, Nortel and Avaya 4602SW desk phone
- 04:05 - Voice of VOIPSA: IETF Internet-Drafts on SPIT – Hannes Tschofenig seeking comments
- 07:10 - Voice of VOIPSA: Pucker Up, Part 3 – Shawn’s latest piece.
- 08:24 - Voice of VOIPSA: Truth in Caller ID Act passed again
- 09:19 - Voice of VOIPSA: We Know Where You Live
- 10:27 - Mark Collier has several new articles on his VoIP security blog including:
- a pointer to this VoIP Security Threats video on YouTube
- 13:35 - ComputerWeekly.com: VoIP Security Fundamentals
- 14:51 - Release of rtpbreak tool
- 15:42 - BBC: Telephone tapping (from Frank Leonhardt)
- 16:55 - Fox News: Hacker Taps Cell Phone to Stalk Family
- 17:26 - News releases:
- 21:14 - Feature on status of Best Practices Project
- 22:06 - Upcoming shows:
- 23:20 - comment (email) from Rhodri Davies about SIP in SANS list
- 24:19 - comment (email) from Frank Leonhardt about his paper and also link
- 24:49 - comment (email) from JP Li asking about slides for SE #16
- 25:36 - comment (blog) from Benny Ketelslegers about SIP botnets
- 27:15 - Review of the last week's traffic on the VOIPSEC public mailing list
- 27:58 - Wrap-up of the show
- 29:02 - End of show
Comments, suggestions and feedback are welcome either as replies to this post or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Audio comments sent as attached MP3 files are definitely welcome and will be played in future shows. You may also call the listener comment line at either +1-206-350-2583 or via SIP to 'email@example.com' to leave a comment there.
Thank you for listening and please do let us know what you think of the show.