Synopsis: Blue Box #80: VoIPShield vulnerabilities, what is ethical disclosure?, SIP trunking, VoIP security news, new nomadism, and much more...
Welcome to Blue Box: The VoIP Security Podcast #80, a 44-minute podcast from Dan York and Jonathan Zar covering VoIP security news, comments and opinions.
NOTE: This show was originally recorded on April 17, 2008.
You may also listen to this podcast right now:
- 00:20 - Intro to the show, contact information and how to provide comments. Welcome to all the new listeners - and to all those listeners who have been here for so long!
- MANY thanks for all the offers of audio production assistance – getting it organized now
- Ingate SIP Trunking webinar now available (and a note about participating in things like this)
- VOIPSA blog site hacked
- Voice of VOIPSA: Quarterly VoIP Vulnerabilities Summary
- VoIPshield list of vulnerabilities
- Cisco Advisory
- Cisco Advisory about Disaster Recovery Framework
- Voice of VOIPSA: VoIPshield announces discovery of over 100 vulnerabilities along with a YouTube video
- Washington Post: Reach Out And Hack Someone
- Voice of VOIPSA: GNUcitizen research discovery: Default key algorithm in Thomson and BT Home Hub routers
- VoIP News: The Essential Guide to VoIP Security
- Information Week: Securing VoIP with SecureLogix – includes YouTube video with Mark Collier
- Voice of VOIPSA: VoIP and the International Space Station
- Voice of VOIPSA: Xplico Network Forensic Analysis Tool
- Voice of VOIPSA: Australians falling victim to foreign phone hackers
- VoIP News Australia: How ACMA Plans to Regulate VoIP
- Network World: Government agencies rejecting VoIP?
- Linux Professional Institute to develop enterprise-level security exam
- Net neutrality and Bell Canada
- ZDNet: Attacks escalate on critical U.S. government networks: Will a Manhattan Project work?
- Google XSS Attack (interesting as it shows the complexity of such attacks)
- The Economist: Special Report: The New Nomadism
- VoiceBiometrics – May 14-15, New York
- IP Telephony University – June 23-24, Alexandria, VA
- Review of the last week's traffic on the VOIPSEC public mailing list
- Wrap-up of the show
- 44:22 - End of show
Comments, suggestions and feedback are welcome either as replies to this post or via e-mail to email@example.com. Audio comments sent as attached MP3 files are definitely welcome and will be played in future shows. You may also call the listener comment line at either +1-415-830-5439 or via SIP to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' to leave a comment there.
Thank you for listening and please do let us know what you think of the show.