Synopsis:VoIP fraudster now a fugitive, Namibians jailed for VoIP, business continuity, Skype security and more.
Welcome to Blue Box: The VoIP Security Podcast #39, a 36-minute podcast from Dan York and Jonathan Zar covering VoIP security news, comments and opinions.
You may also listen to this podcast right now:
- 00:20 - Intro to the show, contact information and how to provide comments. Welcome to all the new listeners.
- 02:30 - Notes about changes to show format
- 06:25 - Dan will be attending the Podcast and Portable Media Expo Sept 29th and 30th out in Ontario, CA.
- 06:39 - Dan will be part of an upcoming Security Roundtable podcast on VoIP.
- 07:23 - Accused VoIP Fraudster Sought As Fugitive (tip to Martyn Davies at Voice of VOIPSA ) also link from Craig Bowser on the same subject VoIP Thief on the Run
- 08:49 - VoIP changing business continuity (from Voice of VOIPSA)
- 11:55 - VoIPNews AU: Five arrested for selling VoIP (tip to Jan in Malaysia) Also Skype Journal: Sell VoIP, Go to jail
- 13:24 - CIO: Experts: VoIP Represents Serious Security Risk
- 14:23 - CSO (Australia): When Voice Becomes Data
- 15:49 - NetworkWorld: Users want systems for managing VoIP quality
- 17:29 - NetworkWorld: Interop Reporter’s Notebook: VoIP security still spotty and TMC.Net: At Interop, Network Infrastructure Still Taking Priority over VoIP
- 18:41 - OSNews: Review: FiWin SS28S WiFi VoIP SIP/Skype Phone
- 21:17 - ArsTechnica: More universities banning Skype, Jan in Malaysia: The world is flat, even if some block it, SkypeJournal: Proposed SJSU Ban of Skype: Update and Mind if my friends move in?
- 24:08 - CIO: Skype Preps Enterprise-Friendly VoIP Software
- 26:00 - PC Magazine: Alarm.com Signs VOIP Deal; Looks Next To ISPs – see also news release – uControl Launches New Home Security Service
- 27:15 - TMC.Net: Our 100th Issue of IP Communications Thought Leadership (Rich Tehrani)
- 28:18 - Telrex CallRex is the First VoIP Call Recording Solution Verified to Record Encrypted Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0 Calls
- 29:34 -Upcoming Shows:
- Oct 10-13, San Diego, CA, Internet Telephony Conference and Expo – West
- Oct 25-26, Rome, Italy, VON Italy
- Nov 6-9, Berlin, Germany, VON Europe Autumn
- Dec 4-6, Atlanta, GA, VON Enterprise
- Jan 23-26, 2007, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Internet Telephony Conference and Expo – East
- Feb 27-Mar 1, 2007, San Francisco, Emerging Telephony 2007
- Mar 19-21, 2007, San Jose, CA, Spring 2007 VON
- 30:27 - Comment (audio) from unidentified listener about SIP comment line
- 31:57 - Comment (audio) from Dean Elwood
- 33:10 - Review of the last week's traffic on the VOIPSEC public mailing list
- 34:08 - Wrap-up of the show
- 35:50 - End of show
Comments, suggestions and feedback are welcome either as replies to this post or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Audio comments sent as attached MP3 files are definitely welcome and will be played in future shows. You may also call the listener comment line at either +1-206-350-2583 or via SIP to 'email@example.com' to leave a comment there.
Thank you for listening and please do let us know what you think of the show.