Synopsis: Grand Central's anti-SPIT initiative, Cisco buys Ironport, Skype targets business, other VoIP security news, listener comments and more...
Welcome to Blue Box: The VoIP Security Podcast #50, a 26-minute podcast from Dan York and Jonathan Zar covering VoIP security news, comments and opinions.
NOTE: This show was originally recorded January 17, 2007.
You may also listen to this podcast right now:
- 00:20 - Intro to the show, contact information and how to provide comments. Welcome to all the new listeners - and to all those listeners who have been here for so long! Special welcome to readers who found us through the new Hacking Exposed: VoIP book that was just recently released.
- 01:13 - Programming notes
- 02:34 - Skype Security Blog: Deploying Skype in a Windows domain – and my response on VOIPSA blog
- 06:13 - Voice of VOIPSA: Voice SPAM - The Fightback begins pointing to Grand Central anti-spam page (sent in my Hasan Diwan)
- 07:48 - VoipUser: How To Build A Voip Network: 7 rules for the VoIP entrepreneur in 2007 – note my comment on security
- 10:00 - VoIPNews: VoIP Scams, Phishing, And Denial Of Service Attacks
- 11:10 - Register: Security vendors talk up VoIP threats
- 11:55 - VNUNet: Convergence brings business challenges and companion Tips for securing VoIP
- TechRepublic: Make a SIP-based VoIP network more secure
- 14:42 - CRM Buyer: Cisco Buys IronPort for $830 Million – interesting for Gartner quote at end… and also for potential for VoIP security – see also earthweb
- 17:41 - VoIPNews: Will Vonage Work for Your Business?
- 19:25 - BT announces that consumer VoIP subscribers has hit the one million mark
- 20:38 - And from the alarm department – VoIP Alarm Introduced at CES
- 21:51 - ERF Launches First Secure Wireless VoIP System for Banking Industry
- 23:16 - Sipera IPCS 310 Awarded Internet Telephony Magazine’s 2006 Product of the Year=
- 23:26 - Q1 Labs Announces New Network Security Management Capabilities for VoIP Networks
- 24:10 - Upcoming shows:
- Feb 5-9, 2007, San Francisco, CA, RSA Conference 2007
- Feb 27-Mar 1, 2007, San Francisco, Emerging Telephony 2007
- Mar 1-2, 2007, London, EUSecWest
- Mar 19-21, 2007, San Jose, CA, Spring 2007 VON
- Mar 23-25, Washington, DC, ShmooCon ‘07
- Apr 16-20, Vancouver, BC, Canada CanSecWest 2006
- 24:51 - Comments
- 25:85 - Review of the last week's traffic on the VOIPSEC public mailing list
- 25:31 - Wrap-up of the show
- Thank you to our listeners for staying with us through 50 shows
- Reminder that you can subscribe to the show via email as well as RSS
- Mention of our Frappr map
- 26:39 - End of show
Comments, suggestions and feedback are welcome either as replies to this post or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Audio comments sent as attached MP3 files are definitely welcome and will be played in future shows. You may also call the listener comment line at either +1-206-350-2583 or via SIP to 'email@example.com' to leave a comment there.
Thank you for listening and please do let us know what you think of the show.