Synopsis: Blue Box #75: Asterisk vulnerability, SANS paper on VoIP security, SPIT, tons of listener comments and much more...
Welcome to Blue Box: The VoIP Security Podcast #75, a 38-minute podcast from Dan York and Jonathan Zar covering VoIP security news, comments and opinions.
You may also listen to this podcast right now:
- 00:20 - Intro to the show, contact information and how to provide comments. Welcome to all the new listeners - and to all those listeners who have been here for so long!
- new comment line +1-415-830-5439
- AST-2008-001: Remote Crash Vulnerability in SIP channel driver
- Voice of VOIPSA: IETF seeking feedback on ‘Requirements from SIP Session Border Controller Deployments’
- SANS paper on VoIP Security pointing to actual paper
- ComputerWorld: Security dominates 2008 IT agenda
- TechCentral.ie: Coming Together – 8 for 2008
- SecurityPark: IT managers complacent about VoIP infrastructure security threats
- TechRepublic: SPAM and SPIT: what are the dangers? pointing to Does UC present new opportunities for spammers?
- VoIP-News: The VoIP-News Top 25 VoIP Blogs of 2007
- List of VoIP Hacking software
- ITworld.com: IT job skills that matter now (see the first line of the sidebar)
- Comment (audio) from Frank Leonhardt
- Comment (blog) from Raffi
welcome_to_blue.html#comment-96147586 about Blue Box #73
- Comment (blog) from Aswath
- Comment (email) from Ben Penson
- Comment (email) from Shawn Merdinger
- Comment (email) from Jon Farmer
- Comment (email) from Shlomo Dubrowin
- Comment (email) from someone seeking assistance in southern California
- Review of the last week's traffic on the VOIPSEC public mailing list
- Wrap-up of the show
- 43:57 - End of show
Comments, suggestions and feedback are welcome either as replies to this post or via e-mail to email@example.com. Audio comments sent as attached MP3 files are definitely welcome and will be played in future shows. You may also call the listener comment line at either +1-415-830-5439 or via SIP to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' to leave a comment there.
Thank you for listening and please do let us know what you think of the show.