Welcome to Blue Box: The VoIP Security Podcast show #1, an 11-minute podcast providing news and commentary around VoIP security issues.
- 00:18 - Dan introduces the show, provides contact information and welcomes comments
- 01:06 - Explanation of the term "Blue Box"
- 01:45 - Mention of Skype trojan as found in PC World and
- 02:26 - Discussion of Skype security evaluation (direct link to PDF here)
- 03:41 - News of updated Voice Over IP Security Alliance (VOIPSA) web site and the release of the first view of the VoIP Security Threat Taxonomy. VOIPSA is looking for feedback and anyone can contribute through the VOIPSA wiki.
- 04:58 - Mention of Erik Lagerway podcast interviewing Andrew Graydon of Borderware about VoIP security
- 05:38 - Mention of CSO Online podcast interviewing Dan Geer and Ejovi Nuwere about the recent analysis of vulnerabilities in SMS which could easily cause a massive Denial of Service against cellular networks
- 07:20 - Review of the last week's traffic on the VOIPSEC public mailing list, including: softphone security discussion , IEEE Network special edition on VoIP Security, Skype security concerns and a request from Packetizer Labs for beta testers for their new secure H.323 softphone.
- 09:23 - Wrapup of the show and a thanks to Shel Holtz and Neville Hobson of the "For Immediate Release" podcast.
Comments, suggestions and feedback are welcome either as replies to this post or via e-mail to email@example.com. Audio comments are welcome and will be played in future shows. You may also call the listener comment line at +1-206-338-6654. Thank you for listening and next week's show will have news coming out of the Internet Telephony conference happening this week in Los Angeles, California. Until then....