Synopsis: Blue Box #77: Skype security vulnerability, German gov't looks at trojans, undersea cable cuts, Microsoft and Yahoo, VoIP security news and more
Welcome to Blue Box: The VoIP Security Podcast #76, a 36-minute podcast from Dan York and Jonathan Zar covering VoIP security news, comments and opinions.
NOTE: This show was originally recorded on February 4, 2008.
You may also listen to this podcast right now:
- 00:20 - Intro to the show, contact information and how to provide comments. Welcome to all the new listeners - and to all those listeners who have been here for so long!
- new comment line +1-415-830-5439
- Comment (email) from someone looking for VoIP security professional in Connecticut
- SKYPE-SB/2008-002: Skypefind Cross Zone Scripting Vulnerability with discussion in The Register
- The Register: Skype Trojan wiretap plan leaks onto the net
- PC Pro: VoIP stumps spooks
- Skype Journal: The Bavarian Intercept Proves Skype is Secure
- Voice of VoIPSA: More ETSI Security Workshop presentations now available online
- Voice of VOIPSA: Breaking Ciphers on a 5.8MHz Pentium
- Voice of VOIPSA: Raising a RUCUS at IETF 71
- SearchUC: Early adopters of unified communications need to ask about security
- CNN: Third undersea cable cut in Mideast
- US Transport Security Administration now has a blog called the Evolution of Security
- SecureLogix Receives Thirteenth Patent
- Thomas Porter’s 2006 “Practical VoIP Security” book now available as a free download – such as this
- Microsoft offers to buy Yahoo – “tons of coverage” – interesting piece on ZDNet about Google’s response
- Review of the last week's traffic on the VOIPSEC public mailing list
- Wrap-up of the show
- 36:19 - End of show
Comments, suggestions and feedback are welcome either as replies to this post or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Audio comments sent as attached MP3 files are definitely welcome and will be played in future shows. You may also call the listener comment line at either +1-415-830-5439 or via SIP to 'email@example.com' to leave a comment there.
Thank you for listening and please do let us know what you think of the show.